Woman's Club of Bethlehem Fund
Established in 2001, a year short of the Woman’s Club’s 100th Anniversary, the club assets were transferred to the Foundation to establish the Woman’s Club of Bethlehem Fund. The Fund provides scholarship grants to female students graduating from Liberty High School, Freedom High School, or Bethlehem Catholic High School, all in Bethlehem, PA. Scholarship winners are selected by the regional chapter of the American Association of University Women.
The Woman’s Club of Bethlehem was established in 1902 to give civic-minded women in the City a means to support and work toward charitable causes they believed were important. One example of their impact was the establishment of the Bethlehem Public Library. The work and advocacy of the Bethlehem Woman’s Club was not limited to Bethlehem. In the early 20th century the Club raised funds and opened doors for the immigration of Russian Jews when pogroms and revolution threatened their lives in Russia. In 2001, a year short of what would have been the Club’s 100th anniversary, in light of declining membership, members decided to close the Club.
Gifts to the Fund can be made by submitting a check, payable to the Woman's Club of Bethlehem Fund, to the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation, 840 West Hamilton Street, Suite 310, Allentown, PA 18101. Gifts can also be made via credit card by clicking the PayPal 'Donate' button below. A PayPal account is not required to make an online gift to the Fund.