B.E.S.T. Awards 2018
Since 2000, the B.E.S.T. Awards reward excellence in teaching at the K-12 levels in the Bethlehem Area School District (BASD). The Bethlehem Educational Scholastic Trust (B.E.S.T.) Fund at the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation began more than two decades ago by a group of Bethlehem civic & business leaders who believed that the work of teachers is so critical to the community - as well as to the students - that outstanding teachers required special recognition. Since then, recipients of the B.E.S.T. Awards are chosen by a committee which is comprised of teachers and educational professionals from outside the district as well as several past recipients of the B.E.S.T. Award.
Teachers are chosen to receive one of three B.E.S.T. Awards:
- The Seymour and Sophie Haber Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Elementary Level;
- The Bernie Cohen Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Middle School Level; and
- The Anthony Ruggiero Award for Excellence in Teaching at the High School Level.
All recipients of the B.E.S.T. Award receive a certificate and a monetary award. Past recipients of the award are ineligible for a second B.E.S.T. award.
It's easy to nominate and honor your favorite teacher....
The nomination period is now open! - Nominate a Teacher Today!
- Grants Announced: August, 2018
Nominate a fellow teacher who:
- Supports students, the BASD and the community beyond the classroom;
- Conveys enthusiasm and is an expert in the subjects they teach;
- Has outstanding personal characteristics that enhance teaching and learning; and
- Is a positive influence on parents, students, fellow teachers and administrators
For more information about the B.E.S.T. nominations and award process, please contact Megan Briggs, Director of Community Investments, at 610 351-5353 ext. 11 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org