- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Download a copy of the Donor Bill of Rights
ASK ERIKA | Ask me how the Community Foundation can help you create a lasting legacy and make a difference in the community....
Erika Riddle Petrozelli, CPA
Director of Donor Services
840 West Hamilton Street, Suite 310, Allentown, PA 18101
610 351-5353 Ext. 13 | Erika@lvcfoundation.org