Lehigh Valley Community Foundation has a promise for you…
We CONNECT you to community needs by providing a highly personalized and effective approach to philanthropy.
We GROW a stronger community by helping you fulfill your charitable vision and grow a charitable legacy.
We FUND nonprofits and partner in the community to improve the quality of life in our region as a trusted and respected grantmaker.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
ASK CARRIE | Ask me which type of fund is right for you and how the Community Foundation can help you create a lasting legacy and make a difference in the community….
Carrie Krug Nedick
Director of Donor Services
840 West Hamilton Street
Suite 310, Allentown, PA 18101
610 351-5353 Ext. 10