LVCF Awards Multi-Year Impact Grants to Area Nonprofits
Allentown, Pa., January 6, 2020—The Lehigh Valley Community Foundation (LVCF) announced the recipients of its 2019-20 Community Partnership Multi-Year Impact Grants. This year’s grants totaling $115,000 are helping to support programs at six area nonprofit organizations serving Lehigh and Northampton Counties. In addition, the Community Foundation is allocating $10,000 to the Synergy Fund of the Lehigh Valley at LVCF.
The Community Partnership Grants are part of the Foundation’s overall grantmaking that totaled nearly $7 million for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. The LVCF annually awards Multi-Year Impact Grants from its Community Partnership Fund for discretionary grantmaking. Grants are reviewed and approved by the Foundation’s Community Investments Committee and its Board of Governors.
“The Community Foundation is pleased to continue to partner with these organizations that are making a difference in the Lehigh Valley,” said Bernie Story, president and CEO of LVCF. “We are encouraged by the good work our multi-year impact grants are generating.”
This year’s Community Partnership Grants were grants awarded for seven multi-year collaborative projects targeted to address specific community issues. LVCF awarded $115,000 in renewed funding for seven programs being implemented by six existing grantees. All multi-year grants are subject to review prior to renewal.
The following organizations were renewed for funding:
- Community Action Development Corporation - Strategic Marketing Support to Entrepreneurs program (year five) - $20,000
- Lehigh Carbon Community College Foundation - V-SERF Emergency Fund for Veterans (year five) - $10,000
- Housing Association & Development Corporation – Youth Build Allentown (year four) $20,000
- VAST - Valley Against Sex Trafficking – Community Education and Prevention Program Development (year four) - $10,000.
- Greater Easton Development Corporation – Easton Community Garden Project (year four) - $25,000
- Lehigh Valley Health Network – Connections, a pilot intervention program addressing the current opioid epidemic (year three) - $20,000
- Greater Easton Development Corporation – Ambassadors Program (year three) - $10,000
Also funded was the Lehigh Valley Synergy Fund of LVCF, now in its fifth year that was implemented in partnership with the United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley. The fund supports non-profits engaging in various levels of collaboration - $10,000.
For more information about the Community Partnership Fund or other grant opportunities at the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation, visit LVCF on the web at: https://www.lehighvalleyfoundation.org/grants/overview