Erika Riddle Petrozelli Named a Rider-Pool Collective Impact Fellow
Erika Riddle Petrozelli, director of donor services, at the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation was named to the 2018-19 Rider-Pool Foundation's Collective Impact Fellowship program. The foundation created the Collective Impact Fellowship Program in 2014 to address and improve complex quality of life challenges in neighborhoods surrounding Allentown’s downtown Neighborhood Improvement Zone by training and supporting current and emerging community leaders.
Through the next nine months, the new cohort of the fellowship will participate in an intensive program of 180 hours of training from national experts in effective project design and evaluation, application of collective impact strategies, and innovative capacity building. These skills can be used to address complex community issues and develop stronger cross-sector partnerships.
Edward F. Meehan, executive director of The Rider-Pool Foundation and The Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust credits Ron Dendas, program officer at The Rider-Pool Foundation for bringing the concept of the fellowship to the foundation’s board of trustees and for ensuring the faculty and topics have remained on point with national trends for the last five years.
To date, 36 collective impact fellows have completed the program and are working in neighborhoods surrounding the NIZ and across the Lehigh Valley. Additional support for this program is provided by The Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust.
The Rider-Pool Foundation has announced the participants of the fifth year of the Collective Impact Fellowship Program as follows:
• Sherri Binder, executive director, Ripple Community Inc.
• Josh Bridges, administrator, Lehigh County Human Services
• Kerri Green, education consultant, youth programs, Division of Education, Lehigh Valley Health Network
• Renee Haines, director, Allentown Public Library
• Leonard Lightner, director, Department of Community and Economic Development, Allentown
• Thomas Parker, superintendent, Allentown School District
• Erika Riddle Petrozelli, director of donor services, Lehigh Valley Community Foundation
• Carmen Rentas, pre-engagement specialist, population health, Lehigh Valley Health Network
• The Rev. Knoxley Samms, youth pastor, Union Baptist Church
• Kim Schaffer, executive director, Community Bike Works
• Lisa Weingartner, senior vice president, Valley Youth House