Frances L. Barnard Fund for Children
Established in 2013 by a bequest from Frances L. Barnard, the Fund provides grants for non-profit programs and organizations in the community which she enjoyed and valued.
Frances Barnard graduated from Quakertown High School. She was proud to have served in the Coast Guard in World War II at San Francisco as a Yeoman and Pharmacists Mate. After the War, she returned to the Lehigh Valley to make Bethlehem her home. Having previously completed Allentown Business College, she attended Moravian College in Bethlehem. She had an extensive career as a bookkeeper for General Electric and several other firms. Frances was married in 1958 to Dr. A. J. Barnard, Jr. Later in life, she was an active volunteer for the Bethlehem Public Library, the Burnside Plantation, and the St. Lukes Hospital Thrift Shop. She avidly played tennis at Northwood Racquet Club including participating in
their competitive womens team.
Gifts in the form of a check can be made payable to the Frances L. Barnard Fund for Children and mailed to the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation, 840 West Hamilton Street, Suite 310, Allentown, PA 18101. Gifts can also be made via credit card by clicking the link below.