Allentown, Pa., January 5, 2021—The Lehigh Valley Community Foundation (LVCF) recently issued 2020-201 Community Partnership Multi-Year Impact Grants totaling $85,000 are helping to support programs at four area nonprofit organizations serving Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
The Community Partnership Grants are part of the Foundation’s overall grantmaking that totaled more than $7 million for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2020. The LVCF annually awards Multi-Year Impact Grants from its Community Partnership Fund for discretionary grantmaking. Grants are reviewed and approved by the Foundation’s Community Investments Committee and its Board of Governors.
“The Community Foundation is pleased to continue to partner with these organizations that are making a difference in the Lehigh Valley,” said LVCF President Bernie Story. “We are encouraged by the good work our multi-year impact grants are generating.”
This year’s Community Partnership Grants were grants awarded for five multi-year collaborative projects targeted to address specific community issues. LVCF awarded $65,000 in renewed funding for five programs being implemented by existing grantees. All multi-year grants are subject to review prior to renewal.
The following organizations were renewed for funding:
- Housing Association & Development Corporation – Youth Build Allentown (year five) $20,000
- VAST – Valley Against Sex Trafficking – Community Education and Prevention Program Development (year five) – $10,000.
- Greater Easton Development Corporation – Easton Community Garden Project (year five) – $25,000
- Lehigh Valley Health Network – Connections, a pilot intervention program addressing the current opioid epidemic (year four) – $20,000
- Greater Easton Development Corporation – Ambassadors Program (year four) – $10,000
For more information about the Community Partnership Fund or other grant opportunities at the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation, visit LVCF on the web at: https://www.lehighvalleyfoundation.org/grants/overview