Lehigh Valley Community Foundation is seeking a part-time Program Associate, arts & culture. The position reports to the Director of Community Investments and is responsible for managing the grant cycle of arts & culture funding, building and maintaining strategic relationships with the Lehigh Valley arts & culture nonprofit sector, and contributing to LVCF’s arts & culture community investments strategies.
Position Title: Program Associate, Arts & Culture
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the grant cycle of arts & culture funding, build and maintain strategic relationships with the Lehigh Valley arts & culture nonprofit sector, and contribute to LVCF’s arts & culture community investments strategies. The position will specifically be responsible for serving as the key point of contact, administering grant funding, and ensuring full compliance with the Pennsylvania Council of the Arts’ PA Partners in the Arts program for Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, and Carbon counties.
- Serve as a representative of the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation, maintaining and supporting relationships and communication with community members, partners, and volunteers.
- Review and comprehend policies and grant guidelines to ensure overall compliance is met with the Pennsylvania Council of the Arts contract.
- Manage arts & culture grantmaking cycles and actively provide technical assistance to applicants and grantees served by and involved with Pennsylvania Council of the Arts partnerships, and LVCF arts & culture grant opportunities.
- Serve as the key staff liaison with an arts & culture grants committee.
- Track grant results, coordinate periodic file reviews, develop written reports and make recommendations to enhance the quality and effectiveness of Community Investments’ arts & culture strategies.
- Maintain and update contact lists of arts & culture community partners, arts & culture grantees, arts & culture calendar items, and arts & culture grant timelines.
- Attend all Pennsylvania Council of the Arts required meetings and events.
- Visit regional nonprofit and partner organizations located in Northampton, Lehigh, Monroe, and Carbon counties.
- Organize and arrange arts-related events, workshops, and grant announcements.
- Manage the organization and maintenance of arts & culture community investments documents.
- Undertake special projects as assigned or initiated.
- Self-driven, ability to work independently and contribute to a team
- Life-long learner with growth mindset
- Project management skills
- Excellent with technology
- Great organizational skills
- Creative mindset
- Passion and curiosity for arts & culture
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to complete job tasks on time
- Knowledge of the Lehigh Valley arts & culture nonprofit sector is desired, but not required
Hours, Benefits & Wages
- The position is planned to begin in June 2021. It will require 20 hours per week.
- Compensation is $25.00 per hour.
- Working hours are flexible but some hours must be between 9 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday.
- Working from a remote location is possible, but the position will be required to have regular in-office hours on a weekly basis starting in August 2021.
- This position is grant funded. The position is currently funded through August 2023.
- Paid time off is offered.
- The position is eligible to enroll in a 401k
- FLSA & Employment Status
- Part-time non-exempt employee, grant-funded position.
About The Foundation:
About the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation: The Lehigh Valley Community Foundation promotes philanthropy in order to improve the quality of life in our region, encourage collaboration among area philanthropists, and to serve as a source of information and expertise regarding charitable giving.
About the Community Investments Department: Community Investments maintains and expands the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation’s grantmaking functions. The principal responsibility of the Department is to create grantmaking strategy, administer and enhance the current grantmaking cycles. Community Investments works in conjunction with volunteer advisory committees to ensure the proper oversite and implementation of the Foundation’s high-impact grantmaking programs.
How to Apply
If interested in applying for this position, please submit an e-mail detailing your interest in the position and a resume to Megan Briggs, Director of Community Investments, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to learn more about the position prior to submitting a resume, please feel free to contact Megan Briggs by e-mail.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact Megan Briggs at at email@example.com.