Position Available: Assistant Director of Accounting
About the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation
The Lehigh Valley Community Foundation promotes philanthropy in order to improve the quality of life in our region, encourages collaboration among area philanthropists, and serves as a source of information and expertise regarding charitable giving.
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Vice President & CFO in managing and processing the core financial transactions of the Foundation (gifts, grants, and charitable funds) through use of the Foundation’s information management system. Other responsibilities of this position include coordination with the Donor Services team regarding gifts and charitable funds; coordination with the Community Investments team regarding grants transactions; reporting to the Board of Governors and others as needed; and assistance with the human resources functions.
- Utilize and maintain the various modules of the information management system (FIMS) to identify, capture, evaluate, retrieve, share, process and distribute grant, gift and financial information. Research and implement data quality best practices and ways to implement and maximize use of FIMS.
- Lead staff for the gifts module and related processing functions in FIMS. This includes data entry, depositing and recording gifts, maintaining gift records for donors and preparing gift acknowledgement letters.
- Lead staff for the accounts payable and grants modules and related processing functions in FIMS. This includes vendor and grantee data entry and maintenance, check processing, preparing grant letters and coordinating contracted services and preparation of the annual Form 1099s.
- Manage operating procedures manuals. Document and update accounting and operational processes as necessary to meet audit and fund administration requirements and to ensure compliance with regulatory or industry standards. Make recommendations for new or improved procedures and controls.
- Assist with human resource functions including recording payroll, tracking employee time-off, benefits administrative functions and reporting.
- Assist the Community Investments department with tasks related to Foundation grant cycles and programs. These tasks include grantee due diligence tasks and processing grant payments and letters.
- Undertake special projects as assigned or initiated by the CFO or CEO.
- Four-year degree in accounting or finance or relevant experience in non-profit or fund accounting.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with database software, Microsoft Teams and Office 365 preferred.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills with attention to accuracy, detail and follow through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Customer service orientation with excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently toward the Foundation’s goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively, establish and maintain effective working relationships and honor confidentiality of donor and Foundation information.
Hours, Benefits & Wages
- Full-time position with flexibility. Annual salary of $50,000.
- Some remote work permitted with a minimum amount of regular in-office hours on a weekly basis starting in September 2021.
- Three weeks paid vacation, 8 paid holidays and 8 personal days annually.
- Fully paid medical, vision and dental coverage with no waiting period.
- Life insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- 401k plan with employer contribution.
- Employer paid parking.
- FLSA & Employment Status
- Full-time exempt employee
How to Apply
If interested in applying for this position, please submit an e-mail detailing your interest in the position along with your resume to Trisha Higgins, Vice-President & CFO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact Trisha Higgins at email@example.com.